Welcome to the 10th Site template, Visio Process Repository in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. This will be the parts of my article stating Site Templates in SharePoint 2013/Office 365. Here we will see what the components are that are available. We will see what the Visio Process Repository template provides us.
Click on create a new site, the following form opens up.
- Title and Description:
- Web Site Address: Here you can make it different from your default site name.
- Template Selection: Here you have an option to select the language and choose a site from a template having many options.
Here in this article we will be seeing the Visio Process Repository under the Enterprise group so select it.
- Permissions: Here you can assign permission to the site directly either by inheriting the permissions from the parent or assigning it unique permissions.
- Navigation Inheritance: Using this option you can inherit the same navigation as your parent site.
- Click on Create, it will create the site.
Welcome to the Visio Process Repository, as in the screen below we can see Home Page of the Visio Process Repository.
Let’s see what it has for us.
Here we have the repository of all the Visio Documents in one site, here we have the following.
- Process Diagrams: It is a link to the Visio Library.
- Site Contents: It is a link to the contents of the site.
- We have a tile structure to complete the following actions:
- Share your site: You can assign permission to others to view your site.
- Working on a deadline: To assign a Task using the Calendar
- Add lists, libraries and other apps
- What’s your style?: Here you can change the color or theme of the site.
- Your site. Your brand: Here you can add a logo or a description to your site
- Keep email in contact: Here you can attach your Outlook directly to the site and receive all the emails in the site’s inbox.
- Process Diagrams: A view to the Visio Library.
- Power BI: Microsoft provides comprehensive BI tools that integrate across Office applications and other Microsoft technologies. These tools enable analysis, reporting, dashboards and visualizations.
- Process Diagrams: This is a library where we have all the templates to be used as Visio Files.
We can see the Process Diagram library below. It is a normal library but when you click on New Document you will be able to see the following Visio Files.
As in the screenshot below, we can see all the available visio templates. Not only this, even the user can upload their own templates and create Visio Files.
It will be so ideal to create Visio files since you need not send them using emails to other people, you can just provide them access and share with them.
Secondly storing them on a limited size mail box is also an issue but it is overcome if it is used by SharePoint.
Kindly find the following all the templates available.
Finally we can see the site settings, that you can see from the previous blogs on Site Settings in SharePoint 2013.
Here it was an amazing Visio Library, there is more to come.
Until then, Keep Learning.