When we see some new apps, for a techie guy the first thing that comes to mind is “Even I want to make an app” but people either get carried away or are not able to figure out how to start.
Here is an article to show how to begin creating an app in Office 365 and SharePoint 2013. So, let’s keep you excited and show you how to do it.
We’ll see step-by-step as in the following:
- Click on the Site settings and click on Add an app.
- Add “Napa” Office 365 Development Tools from the SharePoint Store.
- Once you have added the tool, it will be available in your site contents. This app is a tool to start building apps for Office and SharePoint.
- Once added click on it.
- It will ask you what kind of app you want to build, for us it will be App for SharePoint.
- Provide it a name and click on Create.
- You will get on the default.aspx page of your app the code behind displaying.
For more details refer to the help link provided by Napa,https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/office/jj220041(v=office.15)
- Once you have made all the necessary updates to your code, click on the Play button that states “Run Project”.
- It will first prepare >> deploy>> launch.
- Here is my app named SharePointApp1 giving you a platform to do anything with your app. The app will help you to rovide all the features without deploying it using servers. You can create web parts and user apps on a click.