This article is the second part of my articles on Newsfeed in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. You can learn the previous part of this series at:
- Newsfeed in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365
Someone had deleted their Newsfeed from the home page of their new site and asked me how to get it back, it is nowhere to be found.
In this article we will see how to add a Newsfeed to your site, step-by-step. See the following procedure.
- Open your site and go to Site Settings.
- If you are in a sub-site then go to the top-level site’s settings.
- Under Site Actions, click on Manage site features.
- Search for a feature named “Site feed”.
- Activate this feature.
- Now go to the page where you want to add this feature.
- Edit the page.
- Click on Insert and then Web Part.
- Under the category of Social Collaboration, you will find Site Feed.
- If you are working on a sub-site and are not able to see Site Feed, activate the same feature in your root site.
- Once it is visible, add the web part to your page and save it.
You will have your Newsfeed ready to use.
We will walk through some new stuff in my next article. Until then, keep learning.