Welcome to an article on how to check-out an item in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Check Out” so that all my developer friends don’t have to spend much time and effort while using this function in their projects.
Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- I have created a document library “Dev Document” and uploaded a document named “Test”.
- In Dev Document, click on the LIBRARY tab on the top ribbon and click Nintex Workflows.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Check Out Item” action by right clicking on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
Item: Choose, if you want to check out a document in this library or any other library.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the following screen.
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, it will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, it will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
- You can either start your workflow manually.
- Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created, I will select this option to create automatically when an item is created.
- Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
As I have already uploaded a file which is checked in.
Usually this function is used in a process but now this is a demo of only one action, I would like you to run it manually.
Select that item and under FILES tab, click on Workflow as per the following screenshot:
It will open the following screen to start the workflow.
Click on “Check Out Item”, your workflow will trigger.
After the workflow gets completed, you will find your document checked out as per the following screen.
In this article we saw how to check out an item in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in future article. Till then, keep learning!