Welcome to an article on how to discard check out an item in a library in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Discard Check Out Item” so that all my developer friends don’t have to spend much time and effort while using this function in their projects.
Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a Document Library, DevDoc.
- In DevDoc, click on the Library tab on the top ribbon and click Nintex Workflows.
- You will see the following screen to create a new workflow.
- Click “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Discard Check Out Item” either by right clicking on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
Item: Choose the item as in the current item or any item from other library you want to discard check out.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use.
- Click Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the following screen:
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, it will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, it will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
- You can either start your workflow manually.
- Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created.
- Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
Upload a document in the library “DevDoc” as in the following screenshot:
A document gets created.
As this action is not part of functionality, we will run it manually.
You can see that the item has been checked out.
Click on the FILES tab and click Workflows.
You will come to the following screen, click Discard Check Out Item.
It will take you back on the library and you will find your item checked in again, thereby the action has discard check out.
So in this article we saw how to discard check out an item in a library in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning!