Welcome to an article on how to set field in current item in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Set field in Current item” so that all my developer friends don’t have to spend much time and effort while using this function in their projects.
Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the LIST tab on the top ribbon and click Nintex Workflows.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Set Field in Current Item” either by right click on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
Field- Choose the field which you want to set when the workflows run.
Value- Assign the value that you want to.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish to use it.
- Click Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
You will see the following screen:
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks. It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs. It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:-
You can either start your workflow manually.
Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created. In our case we will make it as Start when items are created.
Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
Create an item in the list “Dev Testing” as per the following screenshot:
An item gets created.
Not only an item gets created, my value is also set by the workflow while creating an item as we can seeUpdated under Update me column.
As per the functionality in our project, we can update it while creating a new item or on modification.
So in this article we saw how to set field in current item in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning!