Welcome to an article on how to Add Item to Collection in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This article will display the action “Add Item to Collection” which can be used while developing Nintex workflows according to our requirement.
Using this action you can add an item to a collection of items. Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the List tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflows.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Add Item to Collection” either by right click on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
Here we have the following form parameters,
- Target collection: Store the collection variable here where you want to add the item to.
- Index: Provide an index on the collection where you want to insert a new item.
- Value: Provide the value of the item.
- Output: Store the new collection with the updated item on your specified index.
When you specify a collection, based on the index number provided by you, it will add the new value in the collection and as an output provide a variable with the updated collection.
So in this article we saw how to Add Item to Collection in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows, we will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning.