Welcome to an article on how to retrieve messages in Yammer through SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows.This article will display the action “Yammer retrieve messages” and how to use while developing the workflow.
This action assists to retrieve messages on Yammer through Nintex workflows.Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the List tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflow
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Yammer retrieve messages” either by right clicks on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
- Authorizing user: Specify the user id for yammer of the user who has admin rights retrieve user’s messages.
- Group Name: Specify the name of the group for message retrieval.
- Messages newer than: Specify the ID from when the messages should be retrieved.
- Message ID: Specify the ID of which message should be retrieved.
- Message Date: Specify the date of which message should be retrieved.
- Message URL: Specify the Url of which message should be retrieved.
- Message: Specify the message text of which message should be retrieved.
- Username: Specify the username of the author whose message should be retrieved.
- Useremail address: Specify the author’s email address whose message should be retrieved.
- Result Count: Select a variable to store the count of the messages retrieved.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the screen below.
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
- – You can either start your workflow manually.
- – Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created
- – Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
So in this article we saw how to retrieve your messages from Yammer through SharePoint Online and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows. This action helps to retrieve your older messages on Yammer using Nintex through ID, date, author and many other options. We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning!