Welcome to an article on how to extract substring of string from Index with length in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows.This article will display the action “Extract Substring of String from Index with Length” so that all my developer friends don’t have to spend much time and effort while using this function in their projects.
This action assists you to extract the string value from the defined index value and then copy it to the substring by the number of characters configured.Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the List tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflow.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Extract Substring of String from Index with Length” either by right clicks on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
- String: Provide the string which needs to be extracted.
- Index: Mention the index number you want to extract the string from.
- Number of Characters: Provide the number as to how many characters to copy into the substring.
- Output: The output will be stored in a variable by the workflow.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the screen below.
- Give your workflow a name
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
a.You can either start your workflow manually.
b. Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created
c. Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish
- Your workflow will get published.
So in this article we saw how to extract substring of string from index with length using Nintex Workflows in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. This action helps to extract the string from the index provided by you and then add it to the substring into the characters provided by you.