Welcome to an article on how to find interval between dates in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 using Nintex Workflows.This article will display the action “Find Interval between Dates” so that all my developer friends don’t have to spend much time and effort while using this function in their projects.
This action assists you to find the interval between two dates in minutes, hours and days.Let’s see the implementation of this functionality.
- Create a list, Dev Testing.
- Click on the List tab on the Top ribbon and click on Nintex Workflow.
- You will see the following screen, to create a new workflow.
- Click on “Create new workflow”.
- You will come to the design phase of the Nintex workflows.
- Add the action, “Find Interval Between Dates” either by right clicks on the workflow or by dragging and dropping from the left toolbox.
- Now, let’s configure it.
- When you double click on the action the following screen opens up.
- Unit: Choose the unit of value you want the result in as Days, Hours and Minutes.
- Start Date: Select a date to start.
- End Date: Select a date to end.
- Output: The output will be stored in a variable by the workflow as the interval between dates.
Note: You can also check in the option “Use date when action is required” to pick the current date.
- Now we have configured our workflow, let’s go and publish it to use it.
- Click on Publish on the left corner of the ribbon of Nintex Designer.
- You will see the screen below.
- Give your workflow a name.
- Choose your task list where it should store the tasks, It will be Workflow Tasks by default.
- Choose your history list where it should store the history logs, It will be Workflow History by default.
- Start Options:
– You can either start your workflow manually.
– Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is created
– Or you can start your workflow automatically when an item is modified.
- Click on Publish.
- Your workflow will get published.
So in this article we saw how to find interval between dates using Nintex Workflows in SharePoint 2013 and Office 365. This action helps find the interval between two dates in minutes, hours and days.
It is a very useful action which can be used for many purpose.
We will see more new articles on the actions of Nintex Workflows in the other parts of the article. Till then, keep learning!